Early Guidance College Planning
Many of our students come to us in their freshman or sophomore year of high school. By starting in the beginning of high school, students benefit since we help them develop an academic and extracurricular strategy that will distinguish them/make them more competitive. Beginning early also sets the foundation for the important task of showing admissions officers how much they want to attend their university and why.
- Early assessment of student's strengths, talents and individual needs
- Articulating and understanding the student’s needs and priorities for high school
- Setting and clarifying educational goals
- Reviewing the academic record
- Guidance on high school course selection
- Assessment and recommendations on extracurricular involvement and summer activities and ways to make the most of them
- Discussion of summer programs, internships, employment and/or volunteer work.